Diathermy is a therapeutic method, recommended for diseases or problems of the muscles and joints.
Diathermies are devices that use high-frequency currents to produce electromagnetic energy that is converted into thermal energy inside the body.
- Increase in the temperature of the blood and lymph circulation.
- Increased metabolism, oxygenation, enzyme activity and glandular secretion.
- Reduction of muscle spasm, pain and joint stiffness.
- Reduction of inflammatory infiltrates and edema.
- Acute and chronic inflammatory and traumatic conditions.
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis).
- Ligament injuries, muscle strains and tears, serous bursitis.
- Mobilization of rigid joints.
- Secondary muscle spasms.
- Cervical spine syndrome
- Lower back pain, sciatica, intervertebral disc herniation.
- Shoulder periarthritis, tendinitis.
Muscle and tendon injuries, sprains.
- Hip and knee osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis.
- Dysfunctions - problems of the muscles and tendons.