Laser is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Laser beams are a great discovery in the field of advanced technology used for therapeutic reasons. They offer antiedematic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory action, energising acupuncture points and reflex zones of the skin.
Application and results:
- Acceleration of the healing of wounds, which sometimes can take as little as half the normal time.
- Increase of collagen and elastin secretion.
- Cell revitalisation and regeneration.
- Improvement of blood circulation in the area.
Injuries in ligaments-tendonos and muscle injuries:
- Pain reduction,
- Improvement of circulation,
- Reduction of inflammation,
- Activation of fibroblasts for the secretion of collagen.
- Spectacular growth of the bone’s reconstructive capacity. Activation of osteoblasts.
- Improvement in blood circulation: increase of the oxygen, nutrients and vitamins; remission of metabolic waste and carbon dioxide.
- Hyperpolarisation of the sensory nerve fibers (A, delta and C), which contribute to the reduction of pain.
- Secretion of opioid substances (beta-endorphin and enkephalin) which help in analgesia - short and long term.